Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pre 4th of July Sleepover...Oz...Slip n Slide

We had a great time at the play "Oz" this weekend - Tyler, Joshua, Emma, Julia and Mason and Grandma. The play was a little over an hour long - we had awesome seats so the kids could see and hear everything and except for Emma being a little afraid of the wicked witch, all seemed to enjoy it. We then came home to Grandma's and Uncle Matt and Aunt Kim helped put up the SlipnSlide....I misplaced my camera during that time so have no pictures to show except for on my cell phone :( We had oodles of noodles for dinner - I can offer them everything to eat but it comes down to noodles almost every time. We also had lots of fruit and turkey sandwiches too. We had yummy ice cream cones too - Taylor's first one. Costco vanilla is to die for by the way - I found out why today - 270 calories for 1/2 cup!!! and I think 18 g of fat - it ought to be good. Uncle Matt keeps the kids entertained -by telling them stories and making them laugh and occasionally making them cry too :)) We also tried to learn another song - "Yankee Doodle" but my music didn't quite go over as it was Veggie Tale's version - part of it was in French! I"m going to show you the video just for fun...
We played lots of games including speed, Apples to Apples, Solitaire, and of course Disney Scene It - they could play that all the time. Bedtime was interesting - I have two extra bedrooms but they of course all want to sleep together side by side! Emma asked me to promise her that she wouldn't have to sleep in the big bed but wanted to sleep with the big kids. They slept good until 7:30 when my alarm got set off accidentally and woke us all up. Thank heavens the police didn't call this time! :)) I hope that all of us can remember fun times with our cousins sleeping over - and the excitement we felt - I still can remember! Here's some more random pictures... tickling Joshua on Uncle Matt's invitation... and holding our newest cousin, Jackson... and eating ice cream... good times!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting Mom - and for having them over. I have heard many many good things about the sleepover! I heard that Joshua and Tyler can be in the next play in October, that Julia and Mason were hugging each other all the time, that Mason got to be the dog with Emma being the sister and Julia being the mommy, Apples to Apples was "SOSO fun", the slip n slide was so fun - even for the "big kids", and "do you really think I can learn 13 verses for $13?" and my favorite - "I want to grow my hair out like Tyler."

Tyler James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyler James said...

Joshua would look good with his hair long. Just like me.

Michelle Cherrington said...

Thanks so much for having another fun sleepover for the kids. Julia said she couldn't sleep because she "had to hug Mason all night." :) They both had so much fun!! I love how much they all love each other and that they are starting to make memories of good times at Grandma's house.

Nikki said...

Those cute, lucky Cherrington grandkids!

Abby said...

How fun! I bet those kids will always remember the great fun they had with you Aunt Janet!

Mom said...

It is so much fun being a grandma - I love it :) This week was the 51st anniversary of my Grandma Beda's death. She had such a powerful influence on my life - and my cousin Barbs, and Vicki's - she was so loved by all of her grandkids. She was and is my hero -ine! :))

The StaceNeedle said...

Hi Sister Cherrington! I found your blog off Kim's and had to say hi! You are SO cute with those grandkids! I love how many you have! You are such a good example and so creative! Hope you are well!