Monday, June 2, 2008

The End of an Era?

MyFamily.com has served our family well for several years now. It has been a way to keep in touch with family, see pictures, share stories and experiences and has made us a tighter family. Will this blog be the end of the MyFamily.com era? The learning curve on this blogging stuff is pretty steep. This is definitely our first blog, and possibly yours as well. However, it is quite fun to see all the functionality of this site. And, so far, it's completely free!!

Please use this site like you have used MyFamily.com in the past. Post your pictures, your stories, your comments, your polls, recipes, happinesses, sadnesses, etc. If there is anybody else that you can think of that would want to post on this site, let me know. I definitely don't want to be the only administrator of this site. I am still learning it, so if anybody has any suggestions, please let me know.

6 comments:

Michelle Cherrington said...

Nice work Chippy!

Mom said...

I'm glad you are doing this, Chad. Ironically, I created a blog for myself tonight. Haven't posted anything yet - but I have enjoyed reading Nikki's blog and the Garrick Family blog so I think this will be good - and it's free as you said.

Shannon said...

We love having our blog! I enjoy getting to read about everyone's family happenings and it seems to me that people temd to write more info and details on the blogs over Myfamily.com. I hope you don't mind me lurking on yours now and then!

Nikki said...

I agree Shannon. We get to find out more of the little things going on in each others lives... If the bloggers blog it often. ;) It's like peeking in someones journal a little bit :) I will be blurking the Cherrington blogs often.

Shannon said...

Aunt Janet, I am not sure if you know but most of us also have our own family blogs as well. If you click on our name on the family blog, it will show you our blogs you can go to. Most of our kids have blogs too. I have already lurked on all of your families blogs :)

Carolyn said...

Nice of you to join the bloggin world. It is a great way to keep connected. And I agree that it is more informative and helps us enjoy the little details that we miss out on living so far apart! Hope you're family is doing well! Look forward to keeeping updated...I hope you don't mind. Feel free to check out our sites and link up with us. Our is https://www.gotgarrick.blogspot.com