Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Rog....






I don't know if any of you have seen these pictures before....the first one Rog was probably around 2 or 3.....the 2nd was his mission picture.....the 3rd one I was probably 6 or 7, Greg about 2 and Rog about 8 or 9 and the last one was taken October 1961. He must have been home from BYU his Freshman Year and my junior year in High School. I was always so proud to be his sister. He would be 65 today.....Happy Birthday Rog!

4 comments:

Chad in the AZ Desert said...

did you guys go to prom together? I miss Uncle Rog. I still remember vividly the day I found out he passed away on my mission. I was in San Fernando sitting in my craphole of an apartment reading Mormon Doctrine in Spanish, and the lady who lived in front of us and owned the almacen came and told me I had a phone call - it was the president telling me my uncle had passed away. It was very sad - but I felt happy knowing he was in a much better place. I sure wish my kids could have met him and gone to a family reunion when he did the songs and games.

Shannon said...

Thanks for posting those pictures. I don't think I have seen them before. Chad that story made me cry. I wish my kids knew him too and knew of his silly songs :)

Carolyn said...

He was sure a handsome boy, and reminds me alot of some of the grandkids. (Aunt Janet, your girls look so much like you when you were younger!). I am so grateful to have known him before he passed and before Brady and I were married. I'm grateful that I can tell them in my own words what a wonderful grandpa they have. They love to hear about him. Thanks for the post!

Brady Fletcher Garrick said...

Aunt Janet, do you have any more pics of my dad that you could share with us???? I need these for my kids and their kids, etc.... Thanks!!!